NetNumber’s innovative signaling control solutions enable carriers to accelerate implementation of new services across multiple generations of networks, while dramatically simplifying the core network and reducing operating costs. For a demonstration or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NetNumber observes a fast growing interest in its authentication and authorization solutions with more access networks (mobile, WiFi, copper and fiber) and more devices (mobiles, smart phones apps, modems, setup boxes and M2M/IoT solutions like sensors). This forces operators to look for efficient and effective security mechanisms because these services will become a very tangible asset for the future success of operators.
NetNumber offers such a solution with its set of authentication applications AuC, AAA and Ut Proxy collocated on the TITAN platform. It supports the traditional HSS and HLR authentication services with NetNumber AuC that is now complemented with AAA and Ut Proxy to support the authentication and authorization over WiFi access networks as well as for HTTP based controls.
Diameter Solutions The flexible Diameter interworking provided by NetNumber DSC between the existing SS7 based 2G/3G packet core systems and the Diameter based EPC and IMS networks is a key asset for the foreseeable future. This especially applies to LTE Roaming and Wi-Fi Offload scenarios highly facilitated with the combination of NetNumber DSC and NetNumber STP integrated on the same TITAN Centralized Signaling and Routing Control (CSRC) platform. The comprehensive features of NetNumber DSC are implemented using the TITAN Resolution Programming Language (RPL) enabling the efficient integration of customer-defined and industry standard functions.
The key advantage of NetNumber DSC is the ability to co-locate its Diameter functions with SIP, ENUM, DNS and SS7 services on a common TITAN platform including powerful dynamic service chaining mechanisms. The unique TITAN solution radically simplifies signaling and control in the core network and offers a flexible and a sustainable solution in the migration from TDM to IP.
Emergency Call Handling The Location Retrieval Function (LRF) is one of the several applications supported by the TITAN Centralized Signaling and Routing Control (CSRC) platform. Collocation scenarios of the LRF with other NetNumber applications like HSS/AuC, BGCF, DSC, Carrier-ENUM and CRE are supported. NetNumber LRF is fully compliant to standards, and fully integrates with the NENA i2/i3 and IMS architectures following the very stringent and national specific regulatory requirements.
This NetNumber LRF application is already operational, implemented in many networks, tailored to the specific network situations and national regulatory regimes. And the design of the TITAN platform as high-availability database architecture offers a best-fit technology solution.
Global Data Services NetNumber has created a Cloud Service offering efficient access to critical number assignment data. This service provides carriers access to a wide range of industry data. Over 100 NetNumber customers accurately route Voice, Messaging, and Hub/Transit services using this data. The data is in support of:
- Number Portability – solving country-specific downloads, query services and pricing rules.
- Global Code Ranges – with cross-referencing and verification from production customers.
- Destination Groups – providing destination group routing between interconnect partners.
- MVNO Data (North America) – with world’s largest collection identifiable MVNO numbers.
Carriers are given access to the NetNumber data services via either:
- Query Service – If country specific laws restrict the distribution of number assignment data NetNumber provides access through a query. Typical protocols are ENUM and SIP.
- Real-time Data feed – Customers deploying TITAN systems can receive a real-time data feed directly and kept updated from our hosted Cloud Service.
IMS Networks All of the NetNumber IMS Core applications can be licensed and implemented as stand-alone services or combined together to enable dynamic service chaining. Combining multiple IMS logical functions (I-CSCF, S-CSCF, HSS/AuC, BGCF, IM-SSF, USSD-GW, ENUM, etc.) on a common TITAN Centralized Signaling and Routing Control (CSRC) platform provides for an IMS Core that is easier to scale and costs less to implement and support.
Collocation scenarios with other NetNumber applications like NP, Diameter DRA, SS7 STP, IWF and the Centralized Routing Engine (CRE) offers operators with TITAN a very powerful network asset to radically simplify their diversity of number portability and routing solutions to a single provisioned and controlled session routing for all networks, all locations and all signaling types.
NetNumber offers with TITAN a multi-protocol signaling platform supporting 15+ well defined signaling control, centralized routing and network database services on a common platform infrastructure. With multiple signaling protocols supported in one single platform (such as SIP, Diameter, SS7/C7 and ENUM/DNS), this enables unique capabilities:
- Signaling Control in a versatile signaling control engine for the supported protocols.
- Signaling Interworking of all protocols including the capability for real-time adaptations.
- Dynamic Service Chaining of one or more service applications per session, call or message.
- Common Databases with the unmatched advantage that all service applications can utilize the same data (including data in external databases) and for all signaling protocols.
- Customer Defined Service Logic (RPL) offering flexibility of data structures and service logic.
NetNumber IWF supports a broad variety of interworking use cases for access management, for optimized VoLTE routing, use of legacy IN services in IMS networks, seamless interworking with existing Number Portability platforms and USSD support. Upon customer request, additional use cases can be easily supported the unique programming flexibility of the TITAN RPL environment.
NetNumber Centralized Routing Engine (CRE) offers IPX providers a single point of provisioning for routing policy updates that are applied in real-time across the network. NetNumber CRE also offers the unique capability to apply the routing policy updates across technology domains with SS7/C7 for ISUP call handling and IP for SIP, DNS/ENUM and Diameter session handling.
- New Service Delivery – with NetNumber CRE, adding support for new services on TITAN is as easy as updating logic or data. The result is a dramatic acceleration of new service delivery.
- Standardized Interfaces – TITAN is a multi-protocol signaling-control platform that does not restrict the number or type of protocols accessing CRE data, service-logic and policy. Hence the solution is “future proof” when adding new switches/servers in the network.
- Converged Routing Scenarios – the CRE services are implemented with the programmable TITAN RPL that simplifies chaining of multiple service requirements like number-portability, call-screening, flow-control in a single integrated solution.
- OSS/BSS Simplification and Friendliness – the paradigm shift with the CSRC model on TITAN has the potential to make orchestration actions in IT systems superfluous and the flexibility of the TITAN service logic has proven its OSS/BSS agility in minimizing impact on IT systems.
Multi-Application Platform Agility NetNumber applications and services are implemented with the TITAN Resolution Programming Language (RPL) that is based on JAVA Service Logic Execution Environment (SLEE). This makes it very simple to chain together multiple service requirements like number-portability, call-screening, flow-control in a single integrated solution on the TITAN platform that minimizes the impact on the existing OSS/BSS systems in the specific network of an operator. These services are built using a combination of customer-defined policies and standards-defined guidelines.
This programming flexibility is unique in the telecom industry and prime reason why the TITAN platform is integrated in various partner programs. The agility of the TITAN RPL environment is best suited to build network solutions according customer specific business logic needs.
The NetNumber team has developed a powerful set of tools that provide carriers and operators with the ability to eliminate ported-number routing inefficiency. The NetNumber NP application on TITAN comes with the following unique key elements:
- Any Signaling Protocol – NP is one of the applications supported by the TITAN Centralized Signaling and Routing Control (CSRC) platform.
- Any Data Source – solving the complexity presenting consistent and complete results with Local Data (provisioned or downloaded via NetNumber Cloud Services) and Referral Data (external database queries with options like GSMA Pathfinder, NetNumber Cloud Services).
- Any routing-number format – the views in the TITAN platform give customers the ability to easily provision one or more translation-tables to define custom routing-number formats.
- Any routing-number format – The programmable TITAN RPL service logic offers the unique ability to define a response format for every originating switch or network element for the wide variety of solutions in TDM networks and IP networks for calls, sessions and messages.
STP Replacement Signaling and routing in future networks needs to embrace centralized provisioning, distributed data, protocol agnostic to truly evolve into the next generation of networks. This is now possible with NetNumber STP that is the first STP being built on a Centralized Signaling & Routing Control (CSRC) platform. As the first CSRC based STP the NetNumber STP continues leading with the first virtualized STP ready for NFV integration.
NetNumber STP offers a comprehensive feature set for SS7/C7/SIGTRAN interworking, security gateway, screening and routing and unlimited scalability. With the NetNumber STP/SG services customers invest in a future-proof infrastructure that dramatically simplifies the transition from a TDM network to an IP network, and from a SS7/C7 based signaling working practice to the new SIP/Diameter based signaling paradigm.
VoLTE / VoWIFI
The implementation of VoLTE / VoWiFi offers operators the opportunity to leverage their recent investments in LTE and IMS networks. Use of VoLTE will free-up 2G/3G radio frequencies for use by LTE services and VoWiFi solves in-door coverage issues and offers traffic off-load. Both VoLTE and VoWiFi make use of the same IMS network and provides voice services with a better quality than OTT alternatives like Skype and fully aligned with the newest mobile smart phones.
NetNumber offers a complete portfolio of IMS signaling control and authentication applications to build VoLTE and VoWiFi services in a very simple, OSS/BSS friendly and cost efficient manner.